Bone Idol is excited to announce we are looking to grow our team! We are looking for a new and enthusiastic member of full time staff.
Bone Idol is a leading independent grooming parlour and pet store, we are also award winning. Based on Saint James’s Street in central Brighton, the business was founded in 2016 and continues to evolve and grow reflecting the diverse nature of the pet care industry.
You will be joining our team of qualified and experienced groomers who all enjoy being able to share their knowledge and talents in both grooming and retail. The split of responsibilities will initially be focused on supporting the business though one of our most exciting and busy periods.
We are looking for a qualified groomer (ideally level 3 with over two years’ experience). In addition, we would love this person to have some retail experience and in particular within the pet and animal care industry.
You must have an interest and passion for dogs. We would love it if you took a look at the Bone Idol Instagram account @boneidolbtn.
Minimum of 2 years grooming experience with level 2 minimum qualification. Level 3 city & guilds preferred.
Bone Idol is a buzzing grooming parlour and pet shop. We want you to feel like part of team that celebrates diversity, encourages career growth, training and best practice. At all times we want animals in our care to be healthy, happy & fabulous. Our human and animal customers always receive the very best in service. So, if you love dogs, love grooming and are a great communicator we would love to hear from you!
- A love of and interest in dogs.
- Be able to groom dogs to a high standard with attention to detail and creativity.
- To be able to bath and fluff dry to a high standard
- Groom the majority of breeds to the breed standard within an hour and a half.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills – professional but fun with a good sense of humour.
- Extremely high customer care skills and standards
- Strong time-management
- Be patient, kind and have the ability to calm and control nervous dogs.
- Loves working as part of a team, learning and sharing
- To be able to express anal glands
- To have retail experience and knowledge of pet products
- To be confident at selling products
Pay and benefits
- £14000 to £20000 – Dependant on experience and qualifications (agreed during interviews)
- 28 days holiday (pro rata including public holidays)
- Staff discounts
- 40 hours per week including
We can’t wait to meet you!